My objective for my photography is to raise my profile in the photography industry. My goals for the next 3 months:
- Post on IG at least 3 times per week
- Find hashtags which have the highest use and are most appropriate for my work
- Update my portfolio by adding my newest work. I will update the arrangement of my work, change the font (it’s too big).
- Apply to the Atomic Photographer’s Guild. If I am accepted, my work will be displayed on their website and will be shown at galleries.
- Continue to increase the quality of my work by taking images weekly.
- I will re purpose my twitter account and post images there, at least twice per week.
- For my next quarter, I will be creating a portfolio of images of nurses for social media, presentations, pamphlets and other medium. My project will be focused on celebrating the diversity of work that nurses perform at my institution, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This project has the possibility to bring me more followers and some exposure.
18 December, 2019
(Late entry). I did apply to the Atomic Photographer’s Guild as I had mentioned. I followed the process outlined on the APG website and submitted a link to my portfolio via email. I explained my work in the email– the context and what i had set out to accomplish. The next day, I received a rather direct and critical email about my work, which was, strangely, written as if addressing my work in third person (Amy’s work, or her work). The email mentioned that I was incorrect about some dates or names of tests, such as where I referred to one some dates or test names